[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera referencing

Sam Swift-Glasman glassman3d at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 08:21:04 EDT 2017

Are you using other software? Different unit scale - some gotchas there if
so - make sure you clean those scales
good thread about this:
http://forums.odforce.net/topic/21145-alembic-camera-export-with-camera-scale-value/

I've had success in the past with a camera otl that can publish out bclips
then read them back in, this is a nice way of publishing camera info
bit of rnd but worth it in the long run

Alternatively alembic archives are ok but you have to keep your camera
naming conventions consistent or write a script to locate the correct
camera in the hierarchy if you need to merge them into another camera

Alembic transform ql is quite handy but you'll need to publish out other
camera info - qlib have some great camera tools

I find this has all got much simpler lately as cameras seem to be more
consistent job to job

a few thoughts there, hopefully some of it useful