[Sidefx-houdini-list] Camera referencing

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Tue Aug 15 06:34:00 EDT 2017

Hey smart people :)
I'm working on a project with a few other artists, and we were wondering
what the best way would be to reference cameras between us.
I would like to have a live read of the camera and animation in my
scene, so that it automatically updates as the master file is saved, or
cached or whatever.
I know an HDA will work for this, but I find them a bit overkill to reload.
ABC is an option, but we have camera switch nodes in our master file,
and I'm not sure if that will work.
I've also had some problems with lenses and .abc in the past, so I'm not
too exited about them.
Am I missing a cool tool, or should we just go with HDA?
Thanks
Gerbrand Nel