[Sidefx-houdini-list] whitewater_sim writing the wrong frames

Gregory Ecker gregory.ecker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 17:06:12 EDT 2017

 correct.  Then use the checkpoints as a backup if you really care about
the sim (ie. it's gonna go for a while, it will really suck if it crashes
etc).  On the dopnet,  use the checkpoint trail length and checkpoint
interval parameters to reduce the number of .sim files you are writing to
disk.  For instance if you set 'Checkpoint Trail length' to 5,  and
checkpoint interval to 10,  then a .sim file will be written out every 10
frames,  and only the last 5 will be saved (houdini will clean up the older
ones).  One thing to look out for here is that you need to clean up these
files yourself if you are rerunning the sim,  and you need to make sure the
directory exists where you are writing out the checkpoint file.

 -G