[Sidefx-houdini-list] how do you add cvex magic alongside a volume procedural whilst instancing using the "instancefile" attr?

tom bolt tombolt83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 06:23:31 EDT 2017

Hi Guys

If anyone has done this and has a solution or any advice that would be
great and hugely appreciated.

It is fairly easy to do all of this if your volumes to instance are within
your hip scene. However once you are only referencing them from disk I am
struggling to run the cvex over each instanced volume (of which I am using
20 different variations hence using the "instancefile" attr.) I am also
trying to volume sample each instance to pull in surface, rest etc
primitives into the cvex context to drive my displacement noise.

many thanks

tom

--

*Tom Bolt3d ArtistTel  +44(0)78 01991149*