[Sidefx-houdini-list] OpenCL?

craig hoffman craigleehoffman at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 15:50:50 EDT 2017

Do I need to do anything special beyond just "Use OpenCL" in the Pyro Solver Advanced tab to take advantage of my NVidia GPU for Fluid Sims?  I just upgraded from a 660Ti to a 1070 and honestly don't see much of a speedup, so I am wondering if perhaps it is using the integrated GPU on my Core i7 and not the actual graphics card - if that is possible.  I am just playing around with small sims (fire/explosions) and was expecting to get a much bigger boost.

Also, I know there are some things that kill GPU efficiency for sims and force the CPU to be used - so is there any documentation about how to keep a Fluid sim on the GPU as much as possible?

Thanks,
-Craig