[Sidefx-houdini-list] noob permission error

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Tue Apr 4 23:58:56 EDT 2017

I have no idea what this means. After launching H16, doing the simplest
thing (i.e. trying to create a box, or circle, etc) I get the error below.
I know I didn't explicitly change any permissions.

The only thing I can think of is that I was doing the H16 Master Class on
rigging, and saving the files I would get some message about Saving
Definitions to Hip File, but I didn't understand that message quite either
:)

Anyway, what have I done? thanks! It's all a bit opaque to me.

---

Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error. Possible
causes include locked assets, takes, production permissions or
user-specified permissions

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sop_box", line 4, in <module>
  File
"/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.0.563/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.0.563/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/toolutils.py",
line 1251, in new_func
    return function(*args, **kwargs)
  File
"/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.0.563/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.0.563/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/soptoolutils.py",
line 740, in genericTool
    event_context = event_context)
  File
"/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.0.563/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.0.563/Resources/houdini/python2.7libs/toolutils.py",
line 1254, in new_func
    "Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission "
Error: Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error.
Possible causes include locked assets, takes, product permissions or
user-specified permissions.

--
Gary Jaeger // Core Studio
249 Princeton Avenue