[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini bones

Olivier Jeannel facialdeluxe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:01:46 EDT 2016

Hey Jordi :)
I did as you said, parenting wrist link to each bone.
I have one question though :

1/ I received the watch as a CAD object, converted to FBX or OBJ and
imported in Houdini.
So in Houdini I have one big object with SOP groups corresponding to the
materials.
I decided to keep on with groups, and I created a group for each link. So I
have mail01, mail02, etc. (Sorry I named them in french)
Up one level in Geometry Object, I then Object_merge each link with the
corresponding group .

Here's a screengrab
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QqhXD7Y15qYkxhaFFtOGNHWHM

Question is : Is Houdini loading the full object each time (for each link)
and then "masking" it ? Or is it clever and it only grabs the groups ?