[Sidefx-houdini-list] instance question

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Mon Sep 19 04:41:38 EDT 2016

Hey guys
I need to make a grass field for a pre-rendered VR project.
I would like to create a bend animation on a blade of grass, and then
drive the animation of the grass field, using noise animated through the
points I use to scatter the grass.
If I use copy/stamping I can rescale the noise values to drive a
timeshift node on the grass blade, but I need to use instancing, rather
than copy/stamp.
We are rendering in redshift so copy stamping doesn't work for this.
I would like to know if there is a way to offset animations on instances
in houdini.
Hope that made sense.
Thanks
Gerbrand