[Sidefx-houdini-list] for each vdb question

Jordan Walsh jordan.h.walsh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:23:47 EDT 2016

Just call it the same as your input ones, like "density". I think they have
to match (could be wrong)

If you are using the same resolution vdb as ones you are merging (and there
is no scaling going on in the input grids) they will match. You will get
some differences because of interpolation of the voxels.
What you are most likely seeing is the viewport render of the volumes drops
in quality as, by default, houdini slices volumes by 128, so a wider volume
will mean more space in between divisions and a lower res looking volume.
Put a volume vis node down and check "Max Vis Res" and put in 2048 to se
more quality in the viewport. Or just compare renders.

Jordan