[Sidefx-houdini-list] for each vdb question

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Thu Sep 8 08:42:16 EDT 2016

Hey guys
I'm making some clouds, and I need to render in maya.
We use the redshift vdb loader to import the saved vdb files from
houdini, into maya.
No I got too clever for my own good using the for each loop sops.
Instead of converting a collection of merged spheres to one vdb for all
the clouds, I used connectivity to separate my clouds to pieces.
I then run this through a "for each" to create a vdb volume for each cloud.
I don’t know if this is faster than creating a huge vdb with lots of
negative space, but it seems faster at least :)
Now this is all very clever and shit, but now I'm stuck with 95 vdbs in
my geometry.
When I save this out to a vdb file, Maya only sees the 1st cloud.
How would I merge all these grids into a single vdb grid, without doing
it one by one?
Thanks
Gerbrand