[Sidefx-houdini-list] networks vs node editor

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Wed Sep 7 02:06:32 EDT 2016

One thing we're finding with Houdini (standard caveats about not really knowing what we're doing) is that the networks seem to be sort of vertical silos, at least at first glance. Versus what we're used to in Maya, where any node could be dropped into the Node graph at any time. For instance if I’m in a network for some thing, and I decide I want to use some result in another network, it doesn’t seem to be as easy as just dragging an output into an input. Since they are their own distinct graphs. Are we understanding that correctly? how do you work around this?

Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile