[Sidefx-houdini-list] greyed out nodes

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Mon Sep 5 11:07:54 EDT 2016

Hi Gary,
Just be aware that what Jason said potentially has consequences, as it
would mean that you're editing a digital asset (also known as an OTL or
an HDA).

This means that once you've done editing, you can save the node and all
other instances of that asset will also be updated (by right clicking on
the node and selecting "Save Node Type". Or you can just leave it
unlocked, in which case your edits will remain local to your scene. This
then means your asset won't ever be updated if the definition on disk
changes. You can also roll back unsaved changes by right clicking on the
node and selecting "Match Current Definition".

Worth reading up on digital assets. They're super powerful, but can
cause production nightmares if you do it wrong*.

*What's considered wrong workflow with digital assets has occasionally
been known to start small wars :)