[Sidefx-houdini-list] i7 or dual Xeons

Mirko Jankovic mirkoj.animator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:21:47 EDT 2016

Water cooling GPUs is good but there are couple things to consider.

If you are going with pre built all  in one cooled GPUs then if you are
going with 3 or 4 cards need to see if you can fit all of them and all
radiators in your computer case, where to mount all rads and if pipes are
long enough.
If you stick with like 2 GPUs then they do look as good solution. Or even
mix. 2 water cooled and 2 founders and then mix.

If you meant custom water cooling.. well I was looking into that for 4 GPUs
and couple cons, price is really high, it went up to 1000-1500 eur range,
all the blocks, bridges, radiators..
Then to do it properly and finally in case of any GPU issues, like need to
take out one for RAM or something then your whole system is out of usage as
you need to get them out of the loop so..

So far I'm happy having all on air. For cleaning I've bough one nice air
compressor a bit bigger one that blows all inside and cleans all system now
and then from dust. Other then that nice air conditioning and happy with
them. Any issues like I had with one titan, just plug it out and keep
working with the rest till cards is back from RMA or new one is there..

Air alone does get loud. 4 cards blowing at max speed. but that is lesser
issue to me then having more cards and rendering faster :)

ᐧ