[Sidefx-houdini-list] Best particle references

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Thu Oct 27 23:57:29 EDT 2016

Thanks Ron. I think I get you. You mean drop a point vop in the “source_particles” after the instance node, correct? So the way I’m doing it is in the autodop dropping a pop instance after the merge, then in source particles I drop the point vop after the instance. Then I do all my fancy stuff inside the point vop itself?

I think that’s what you mean, though I’ve gotten it to crash a few times by just connecting things to see what happens. That shouldn’t be. Also the math ops I was playing with seem to affecting the particles in a sort of world space, and not locally. For instance why wouldn’t multiplying P x Normalized Age cause the particle instances to grow in scale?

I also notice that I can do things like pscale *= rand(@id); in the popinstance inside of the AutoDopNetwork. What's the advantage of using a pointvop over that?

thanks much for the help

Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile