[Sidefx-houdini-list] Best particle references

Ron Schab ron.schab at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:43:42 EDT 2016

Hey Gary,

you can use the point vop instead now.  It should look very familar to what
u've seen done in the old vop sops.

Advantage setting scale and your other attributes in a point vop after you
have done your pop sim being that u don't have to resim each time in order
to see your changes.

In there you can use particle age and/or life (or a normalized age by
dividing age/live with a divide vop) to drive all kinds of attributes.
The attribute you want to export from in there for your scale is pscale of
course.  Best to use a bind export for that these days.
You can also add all kinds of randomnessessessessess* via noises, patterns
or what ever other function you want to use.
Also you'll have your fit ranges, can set conditions, loops and so forth in
there.

U can add a displacement to current point positions in there as well as
create all kinds of other attributes that u can then use in i.e. shaderland
or wherever to drive whatever u need.

hope that clarifies it a bit more

cheers
Ron