[Sidefx-houdini-list] i7 or dual Xeons

Mirko Jankovic mirkoj.animator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:54:24 EDT 2016

for 3k EUR you can build fantastic i7 6900K, great all in one liquid
cooling, OC it and then ton of RAM, case, PSU everything.
And then you can stick 4 GPUs as big as you want :)

In HP stations you are limited with size and number of GPUs to start with,
not to mention that this custom one will be better.

Point being is not only that Xeons are a lot more expensive but also i7
OCed are better perfomance wise on a lot more things.
Now ofc if you are primarily doing simulations aor CPU rendering then sure
I can see where Xeons could be better option, bhut evrey day workstation
plus GPU rendering.. .i7 all the way
ᐧ