[Sidefx-houdini-list] i7 or dual Xeons

Olivier Jeannel facialdeluxe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:09:19 EDT 2016

Alright,

So I have both opposite opinions about CPUs :/

I come from an HP Z620, dual proc 64Gb and a TitanZ.
I wanted to go the Z840 route but as they are ultra pricey and since I
learnt 2 TitanX would barelly fit in, I found a (serious) builder
http://shop.carri.com/89-cao

I need a competent builder not too far from my home/desk in case of
problem. I recently burnt my Z620 mother board and dealing with online
repair service in the middle of a prod is a nightmare I don't want to live
again.