[Sidefx-houdini-list] i7 or dual Xeons

Olivier Jeannel facialdeluxe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 04:03:49 EDT 2016

Damn, the message was posted without beeing finished typing...

So :

I'm considering buying a new workstation. kind of 3D machine that will do
everything (Sim + render(redshift gpu) )

64 gb
one (or two) gtx 1080

But I'm still not fixed on the CPU.

I can have dual xeon 2x10 cores at 2.2 Ghz. They are quite expensive, and
the price grows a lot if I take faster xeon.
So I'm thinking of a fast i7 instead.

What's your opinion ?

Thank you :)