[Sidefx-houdini-list] A couple rendering questions

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Fri Oct 14 00:14:10 EDT 2016

It's one of them :)

Gary Jaeger // Core Studio
<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>249 Princeton Avenue
<x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019 <x-apple-data-detectors://0/0>
650.728.7957 (direct)
650.728.7060 (main)
http://corestudio.com

On Oct 13, 2016, at 8:36 PM, Olivier Jeannel <facialdeluxe at gmail.com> wrote:

Is this your desk ?

Le 14 oct. 2016 01:48, "Gary Jaeger" <gary at corestudio.com> a écrit :

OK, I figured out the reflection thing. In my shader, I had the Opacity

Scale set to 0. That gave me a nice subtle transparency with the emission,

but caused the reflections to turn off. Sort of. Still need to figure out

exactly what was happening, since I did see some reflections, but it was as

if the surfaces were seeing the reflection once it was reflected in another

object. Strange.  Any ror what it's worth, below is link to my R&D. Yeah I

know, Houdini 101. Thanks much for all the help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrk1v1e8vss9n8z/1676_lookDev25_v002.mp4?dl=0