[Sidefx-houdini-list] A couple rendering questions

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Thu Oct 13 19:47:56 EDT 2016

OK, I figured out the reflection thing. In my shader, I had the Opacity
Scale set to 0. That gave me a nice subtle transparency with the emission,
but caused the reflections to turn off. Sort of. Still need to figure out
exactly what was happening, since I did see some reflections, but it was as
if the surfaces were seeing the reflection once it was reflected in another
object. Strange.  Any ror what it's worth, below is link to my R&D. Yeah I
know, Houdini 101. Thanks much for all the help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrk1v1e8vss9n8z/1676_lookDev25_v002.mp4?dl=0

--
Gary Jaeger // Core Studio
249 Princeton Avenue