[Sidefx-houdini-list] A couple rendering questions

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Thu Oct 13 15:22:57 EDT 2016

I’m close on my scene. My volume trails are looking good. I’ve set my Mantra shader to use emission and there is no real illumination in the scene. I’m happy with the look. The only problem is that they don’t don’t seem to reflect in other surfaces. So if I stick a mirror in there, they’re like vampires. How can I get them to reflect? Do I need to make them geometry?

Also, I’m looking for the equivalent of a Maya Black Hole shader. Basically turning the geo into a holdout matte. I’ve been poking around the docs but I don’t see that.

Thanks!

Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile