[Sidefx-houdini-list] packed primitives via command line

Neil Dickson ndickson at sidefx.com
Tue Oct 11 11:31:01 EDT 2016

The File Merge SOP may be useful.  You can tell it to load a sequence as
packed disk primitives.

Note that if you create one file for each original file, each containing
either one packed disk primitive or one packed geometry primitive, there's
no advantage over having just the original files, (as far as I know).  If
you create a single file, there may be organizational advantages, but there
may or may not be any performance advantages, depending on the specific
situation.

Cheers,
Neil