[Sidefx-houdini-list] Intercepting menu buttons on Type Properties.

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Tue Oct 11 11:21:33 EDT 2016

I can partly solve your problem, but then, unfortunately, give you another one to figure out :)

If you can override the “Type Properties…" menu, then you can replace it with your own that calls this function:

    hou.ui.openTypePropertiesDialog(node_or_node_type, promote_spare_parms=False, immediately_save=False)

which will open the HDA Type Properties dialog for you.

The only problem is that it’s not modal and will return straight away. However, there maybe a (platform dependent) way of using Python to get a handle for the Type Properties window so you can figure out when it’s closed. In theory, it’s all PyQt now, so it’s possible that it might be relatively easy to do.

Once you know it’s closed, you can check to see if the HDA file on disk has been modified.