[Sidefx-houdini-list] lines from point positions

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Wed Oct 5 18:44:13 EDT 2016

Thanks Neil. This works well, except I couldn’t get it working using Custom Discrete. Messing around I got it basically working using Uniform (Discrete) and fiddling with the random seed. Still seems to favor one of the colors, but that might be ok. I’d like to understand why though.

In a similar vein, I’ve been trying to randomize the weight of the lines as they render. I put an Attribute Create at the end of the chain, and I can set a value there. Putting an Attribute Randomize after that with attribute name set to pscale doesn’t seem to do it. Is it because they’ve already been created?

Ha, things are (slowly) sinking in…

in case you’re curious the masterpiece is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra4walh9qqd99be/1676_FX2_v002.hip?dl=0

Gary Jaeger / 650.728.7957 direct / 415.518.1419 mobile