[Sidefx-houdini-list] lines from point positions

Neil Dickson ndickson at sidefx.com
Wed Oct 5 13:41:05 EDT 2016

For the picking from 3 colours randomly, a way to do it, though others
probably have better ways for specific situations, is to use Attribute
Randomize with Attribute Name set to colour_choice, Distribution set to
Custom Discrete, 3 values, set to 0, 1, and 2, (this just lets you easily
adjust the relative proportions of each colour), then in an Attribute
Wrangle:

if (@colour_choice == 0) {
    @Cd = chv("colour0");
}
else if (@colour_choice == 1) {
    @Cd = chv("colour1");
}
else { // @colour_choice == 2
    @Cd = chv("colour2");
}

You can press the "Create spare parameters..." button next to the
VEXpression to create the parameters for the colours and adjust those to
set the colours.  To have attributes, including Cd, copied from the
template points to the copies, turn on Use Template Point Attributes in the
Attribute tab of the Copy SOP.

Cheers,
Neil