[Sidefx-houdini-list] Setting LUT using python for mplay

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:21:11 EDT 2016

Hi Sandy,

HOM can't do it unfortunately, however you can crudely hack something
together using Hscript commands. I forget the exact command (no Houdini
open) but it is something like view2d.

Scripting Mplay and the IPR VIewer in Houdini is wildly out of date, and
there is a large group of Pipe TDs who weep daily trying to script these
things, including me ;)

Cheers,

Peter B

On 31 March 2016 at 05:09, Sandy Sutherland <sandy.maillists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A couple of quick questions.
>
> I know I can use HOUDINI_IMAGE_DISPLAY_LUT to set a LUT to use, but would
> ideally prefer to modify the MainMenuMPlay.xml file to hijack the select
> LUT function.  I could create a Qt combobox with a selection of Studio or
> Project based LUTS and allow the Artist to select which ones he wants, but
> cannot find if there is a hom command to set the LUT.  Anyone done this
> before?  Anyone know how to set this?
>
> My basic idea is to stop Artists having to navigate to a folder to load LUT
> files.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Sandy

Peter B