[Sidefx-houdini-list] bake shader?

Mark Davies mdavies at sidefx.com
Wed Mar 30 08:41:48 EDT 2016

Hi Gerbrand,

The Bake Texture ROP addresses the two most common baking tasks:

     -Shader baking
     -Geometry baking

When baking geometry it is common to extract features between low-res
and high-res objects. This type of baking is handled by the Bake Shader
which outputs extra image planes for the most common types (eg.
occlusion, tangent-space normals, diffuse color, etc.). The green render
you are seeing in the 'C' channel is a diagnostic:

     R - Rays missed the high-res object
     G - Rays hit the high-res object. Light green is for hits along the
positive normal, dark green for hits along the negative normal.
     B - Unused

There was an issue with large scales affecting bakes, however this has
been resolved in recent builds of H15.0. Which build are you running?
Also, if you could provide a scene file for our testing that would be
very helpful.

Cheers,
Mark