[Sidefx-houdini-list] bake shader?

Zoran Arizanovic zoran.arizanovic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 04:12:21 EDT 2016

Hi
I am struggling with bake as well :)
As far as I understand bake shader is for transferring from high poly to
low poly object
as we do it for games, baking look, and normal maps

If you just want to bake a render pass into UV's bake to texture rop should
be fine as long as you tell it which object and which render pass to bake

for me it was confusing as they are both on located on bake to texture rop
but those are actually two different processes

in latest build there is a basic example file

Zoran Arizanovic
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/zoran-arizanovic/4/177/295>