[Sidefx-houdini-list] Bacteria growth

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Tue Mar 22 13:52:31 EDT 2016

I’ve tried something new now:
I create a popnet inside a geo node where I create my germs.
Here I can stamp the age from the points generate in the popnet, to
drive the animation of my germs.
Then I put an assemble and rest node down.
I then create a new Autodop with a bullet ridget body sim, and set it to
create active deforming objects.
This seems to almost work.
I get the first germ, and it is animating fine.
If I set the creation frame to something like 25, I get a few germs on
frame 25, and their animation is working right.
If I set the creation frame to $F i just get a duplicate of the object
at each frame.
How do I set it up to create the packed RDBs as I create them in the popnet?
I hope this makes sense... its hard to explain without being able to
post a scene here