[Sidefx-houdini-list] Bacteria growth

Gerbrand Nel g at cannonballbunny.com
Tue Mar 22 12:56:07 EDT 2016

Hi Zoran
Thanks for the link. There are some things in there I could use, but it
doesn't look like his "germs" are properly colliding, and pushing each
other outwards.
My client is unfortunately very specific about that part of the brief.
I need to figure out how to get animation driven by age on a RDB.
The idea is to grow each germ until it is ready to divide, Then find a
2/3 position along the length of that germ, and spawn a new one, a 1/3
of the originals length. At the same time I would pop the original germ
back to 2/3 its size.
The collision combined with the division of germs is what pushes them
out to spread.