[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render speed - quantization bit depth

Matt Estela matt.estela at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:55:54 EST 2016

A substantial amount of The Lego Movie was denoised with neat video. Most
of the time it worked great, but the usual rule of '10% of shots took 90%
of the time to denoise' applied. :)

The revision folk have been working on a denoiser specifically for
renderers, might be worth a look. I helped them a little bit early on in
the pre-alpha (mainly explaining the sort of problems we face in cg and
giving them some example scenes), but haven't had time to check it out
since it was released.

http://revisionfx.com/products/denoise/