[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render speed - quantization bit depth

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Mar 9 13:52:33 EST 2016

Hello all,

Working on a spot and trying to get render times down to a reasonable time without compromising quality too much
I’m playing with a lot of settings that affect quality and render times quite a bit.

I’m wonder if “quantization" settings affect render times at all?

I know files sizes will go up a lot between say “8 bit integer” and "16 bit float".
But in testing so far I’m not noticing much of a time difference between settings.

Is it safe to assume that the actual render times will not be affect much between these settings?

Thanks as always.

—
Larry Giunta
Creative Director