[Sidefx-houdini-list] Linear workflow

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Wed Mar 2 09:01:41 EST 2016

I don't think this lut is for a particular monitor color space because
we use it only for a certain project. Actually, some shots within the
projects don't use any LUT and we look at our renders with 2.2 gamma in
mPlay.

It is a 3D LUT provided by the client used to visualize their plates
that behaves similar to the second case you described. They advised me
to make a color correction in Nuke per channel on the HDRI to make
things look right when I light.

In fact yesterday somebody told me Houdini doesn't allow 3D LUT so what
we're looking in mPlay is not even right.

Francois