[Sidefx-houdini-list] FX ARTSISTS NEEDED for ILM SINGAPORE
bdash at lucasfilm.com
Mon Jun 27 22:52:29 EDT 2016
ILM SINGAPORE FX Artists
ILM Singapore is looking for talented FX Artists to join the force!
We have a massive line-up this fall with The Great Wall, Spielberg's Ready Player One, Star Wars: Rogue One, and Skull Island: Kong all starting soon!
This role is from July to November with flexible start dates. We will be providing flights, visa, paid housing for the duration and health benefits.
FX Technical Directors are responsible for generating FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. Responsibilities also include the lighting, rendering and basic compositing of those FX elements.
* Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, and particle and fluid systems.
* Lights and renders FX elements and creates basic composite to demonstrate the usability of the elements.
* Advanced simulation experience with Houdini, Maya, XSI, 3DS Max or other software, and ability to write expressions
* Linux and scripting ability in MEL preferred, and experience in Python highly desired
* Houdini expertise preferred
Education / Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
* Minimum 3-4 years of work experience required in visual effects, particularly fluid and water sims.
* Feature film experience required
* Demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.
* Good communication skills are required.
* Proficiency with Linux is required.
* Expertise with Houdini, Maya and/or other high-end animation software is required.
* Experience with Python, MEL, or other scripting languages is desirable.
* Good grasp of artistic, aesthetic and lighting sensibilities.
* Good eye in terms of speed, scale, dynamics, color, composition.
* Strong initiative in following up on task assignments
* Extra artistic interests would be welcome (photography, video, painting, sculpting or any creative activity)
To apply please send a new-ish CV and Reel to bdash at lucasfilm.com<mailto:bdash at lucasfilm.com>
More information about the Sidefx-houdini-list