[Sidefx-houdini-list] Using Anaconda python libs with Houdini

jon parker parker.jon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 20:19:24 EDT 2016

To answer my own question:

To tell Houdini to use the conda python environment, set
HOUDINI_PYTHON_LIB and HOUDINI_PYTHON_BIN as follows (Linux
environment):

HOUDINI_PYTHON_LIB=$CONDA_ENV_PATH/lib/libpython${python_version}.so
HOUDINI_PYTHON_BIN=$CONDA_ENV_PATH/bin/python${python_version}

FWIW, if anyone isn't aware of Anaconda I highly recommend it as a way
to manage cross platform Python system libraries.  You can create
custom environments easily and tie them to a particular project with
very little pain involved.

-Jon