[Sidefx-houdini-list] Material libraries

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Wed Jan 27 08:53:44 EST 2016

Hi everyone,
I've got a scene with a ton of shaders in it and I'd like to cache them
out as an IFD so I can import it at render time, rather than having to
include them all in the IFD for every single frame. Is that possible? Is
there a way of #including IFDs into a render and have them be able to be
referenced by objects in the main scene?

I'm currently looking at delayed load archives, I can render the shaders
if they're on objects in the archive, but I can't find a way to use the
archived shaders working as references from scene objects.

Has anyone done anything similar and got it working?

Thanks,
Andy