[Sidefx-houdini-list] water droplets running off the side of a bottle

Personal srecko.micic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:46:20 EST 2016

Great idea with cross product. Would never thought about that, I am so crap in math. But it works nice.

--
Micic Srecko
-------------------
srecko.micic at gmail.com
Skype:srecko.micic
-------------------
On 19/01/2016 21:39:07, Olivier Jeannel <facialdeluxe at gmail.com> wrote:
The double cross product can be copied from Softimage's "flow on surface".
The principe is the same.

If you want to use the SDF,inside Popvop you'll gather the distance from
an SDF surface using a Volume_Sample (if the value is negative the particle
is inside, if it is positive the particle is outside, and if it returns
zero you're on the surface)
You sample the direction (equivalent to the Normal but for an SDF) using a
Volume_Gradient.

Just be focused, and respect the cross product order and normalize
everything.
You'll end up with a plate of spagehties, but it works.