[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDA script management

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Wed Feb 24 09:59:36 EST 2016

Thanks Peter, that's super useful. I guess it then reduces to a very
similar workflow to building a regular bit of source code.

I just need to wrap my head around how to manage the editing of it all.
I'd obviously prefer to edit the parameter and their layout in Houdini,
while deal with the Python externally. So first thoughts are to write a
python script that uses hotl to export the HDA to a temporary location
and then copy the DialogScript file (and any other non-python files) to
the repository location. Will have a think about that, but it seems to
be the best way to go.

Thanks for your help (and to everyone else too),
Cheers!