[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDA script management

jon parker parker.jon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 19:15:13 EST 2016

Hey Andy,
Peter already mentioned "hotl" which I was going to mention.  With
some binary exceptions, this will uncompress everything within a .otl/hda
file to a plaintext file/folder structure that you can then edit / use
version control to work with.  You would want to create some context
menu scripts for Houdini to automate this, I imagine.

Honestly, if SESI were to just add a menu option "Save as New
Version/Copy...", that you could use after making an asset editable,
in addition to the "Save Node Type" option, this would go a long way
to convenient version management.  There must be a technical reason
why this hasn't happened yet, I guess, as I know I'm not the only one
who has wished for it.

Jon