[Sidefx-houdini-list] Ocean Surface - displacement to camera

dave brown dayvbrown at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:35:52 EST 2016

Hi Gary,

This is something that a lot of Maya users struggle with initially,
basically ALL data flows down the tree and you use the nodes to manipulate
the parts of the data you need to.

So even if even if a node is only changing a single attribute for instance
all the remaining attributes are still flowing down they're just not being
changed at that point. So you're not so much defining which attributes are
flowing through, they all will unless you explicitly remove them.

The exception is vops which works more like what you're describing, if
you've not yet I'd recommend diving into them as soon as you can as there
you'll be able to build up a better understanding of what is going on under
the hood as well as unlock a lot more powerful tools.

At any rate best of luck and stick with it, you'll have that Aha! Moment
soon where it all falls into place.

Cheers,

Dave.