[Sidefx-houdini-list] Ocean Surface - displacement to camera

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Tue Feb 16 11:58:35 EST 2016

Thanks Steven-

Shows how much I need to re-orient my thinking from the maya way. I was thinking ‘this shouldn’t be so hard. let’s see, a simple gradient… already stumped...’ ha well, I obviously have more reading and watching to do. Leaving the comfort of the shelf tools shows how much fundamental stuff I need to wrap my head around.

One thing that it’s different is that I’m used to the maya node editor, where you’re making explicit connections with the visual pipes showing what you’ve done. In houdini it feels like you’re just connecting things so that THEN you can define which attributes are explicitly connected or flow through.

Gary Jaeger // Core Studio
249 Princeton Avenue
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
650.728.7957 (direct)