[Sidefx-houdini-list] Ocean Surface - displacement to camera

steven ong steve_nong at pointy.tv
Mon Feb 15 13:10:04 EST 2016

If it's a simple gradient, you can set up a VOP like Francois said or
just paint with a Paint SOP and in the Ocean shader, you can use a "Bind
VOP" to import the Cd attribute and multiply the Displacement value with it.

Another way to do it is to put a Metaball around the camera, connect the
Ocean grid to the first input of the Magnet SOP and the metaball to the
second then adjust the Y translate values to push the surface down.

Or select the points/prims around the camera using a Transform SOP and
translate them down.

Cheers!
steven