[Sidefx-houdini-list] Ocean Surface - displacement to camera

Gary Jaeger gary at corestudio.com
Mon Feb 15 11:04:29 EST 2016

Hello. I’m playing around with the Ocean Waves shelf tool. I need to be down low, with fairly large waves. Works great, and I have a look that I’m dialing in, but what I need to do is control the height of the waves as they get close to the camera. Imagine a low camera looking across the ocean. I just want to fake the height close to camera so I don’t get huge swells rolling past. Not reality, but that’s ok. In maya for instance I might take a gradient and layer it up so that white = some negative multiplier and black = whatever the node is generating. Doesn’t have to be that, but some way that I can visually adjust and control the ocean surface.

Any body point a noob in the right direction? thanks!

Gary Jaeger // Core Studio
249 Princeton Avenue
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
650.728.7957 (direct)