[Sidefx-houdini-list] Icons - where did they go?

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Tue Feb 9 15:27:07 EST 2016

On 08/02/2016 12:52 AM, Matt Estela wrote:
> Would be nice to have a way to browse those icons though... any way to
> inspect the contents of the icon cache visually?

Ok, I buckled down and added this for the next major Houdini release.

In the mean time, I added back support for the file chooser to show images on
icon files into Houdini 15.0.382. So you can browse them if you pre-expand the
icon archives, like so:

$ cd /tmp
$ hidx -x icons $HH/config/Icons/SVGIcons.index
$ hidx -x icons $HH/config/Icons/Icons.index

Now you can Houdini's file chooser to view (and use I guess) the icons in
/tmp/icons. Be a bit careful though as underscores get doubled in the file names
when expanded via hidx.

-Edward