[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hi

François Duchesneau sidefx at trinix.ca
Mon Feb 8 21:12:25 EST 2016

opinputpath returns the path of a node. Let's say we have a torus at
/obj/geo1/torus1. This torus is plugged into Transform Sop. You want to
have the pivot of the transform to be the center of the torus. The
expression "centroid" can you give that.

Now the centroid expression requires the path to a node. To get the path
of torus1 node procedurally you use the expression "opinputpath". This
expression needs the name of the node that has the incoming connection
into it. In this case the node is the one that has the expression
written to it. The special "." means this node. ".." means the node
above. Don't think the node above means the torus, we're talking about
the hierarchy here, above is the parent /obj/geo1.

So in the Pivot X channel you would write the following:
centroid(opinputpath(".", 0), D_X)

The first parameter of centroid is the current node. Then 0 is to tell
we're querying the first plug. The second plug would be 1 and so on but
you don't have two plugs on a Transform Sop anyway.

Hope this helps

Francois