[Sidefx-houdini-list] Icons - where did they go?

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Mon Feb 8 00:36:57 EST 2016

On 07/02/2016 10:19 PM, Miles Green wrote:
> There used to be a nice shipment of icons that came with houdini here:
>
> $HFS/houdini/help/icons
>
> Houdini default shelves seem to reference many of them, but my searches could
> not locate them, are they all pulled from operators?

Houdini nodes use the SVG ones from the archive,
     $HFS/houdini/config/Icons/SVGIcon.{cache,index}

Those png files in the help system were pre-rendered from the SVG icons for the
help pages. Not only were they redundant (since their source are SVG), having
them as thousands of tiny files were taking a very long time in the Windows
installer.

To do it the same way as Houdini nodes, your HDA can just use the form:
    <DIR>_<name>
where <DIR> is the name of the directory in all caps and <name> is the base name
of the icon.

eg. "VOP_timing" gives you the (vector-based) icon for the equivalent
"$HH/help/icons/large/VOP/timing.png" in a resolution independent manner.

Cheers,
-Edward