[Sidefx-houdini-list] Hi

Alex Czetwertynski disciple1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 21:56:22 EST 2016

I might be missing something from your question, but they are not related.

The expression you are mentioning is just fetching the bounding box from
another op that happens to be above the level you are in.
In Houdini you can just navigate across networks using these types of
expression, as you would in the command line.  In fact, you can think of
Houdini's networks and nodes as a series of nested directories.

You would only use opinputpath if you specifically wanted to refer to a
node that was wired into one of the parent node's inputs.  This is handy to
keep your network procedural, i.e you don't have to worry about what gets
plugged in...In the case of of a direct reference as in your example, if
"box1" was deleted, the expression would break.

HTH
Alex

|||| Alex Czetwertynski ||||
|||| c - 213 268 71 85  ||||