[Sidefx-houdini-list] noob procedural animation

Alex Czetwertynski disciple1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 18:01:17 EST 2016

Gary

If you take the Copy stamping approach to doing this, you can randomize
easily using expressions, but you have to get your head around the concept
of stamping, which is tricky at first because it doesn't flow downwards.
See here for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfRH42lHgEI

You can stamp any parameter pretty much, so number of pipes, direction and
speed of revolve are pretty straightforward.

When it comes to more hardcore animation, you will probably get a kick out
of CHOPS, even though they are not obvious at first, but overall the idea
is that you send your anmation channels to a whole separate environment
where you can procedurally modify them.

Let us know if this helps.  Happy to look at a scene file if you want to
put dropbox link one.

Alex

|||| Alex Czetwertynski ||||
|||| c - 213 268 71 85  ||||