[Sidefx-houdini-list] managing material

Olivier Jeannel facialdeluxe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:09:46 EST 2016

Hi list,

I'm having hard time on some basic "user" way of thinking in Houdini.
I'm currently dealing with a project where I have a CAD object delivered
with several dozen of groups.

I use groups to assign materials.
What happen is that several group can share a same material.

Is there a way to re-select the groups by using their material ?
in xsi it's called "select objects from material", you pick a material and
xsi will select the correspondant objects (and there is also the opposite :
"get material from selected object")
Do we have something similar ?

For the moment, I (finally) made an uber group made of all the smaller
group and then apply once the material to this uber group.

I have several cases like this where I don't think I work the way I should,
ending loosing a lot of time on basics and repetitives needs.

Thank you :)