[Sidefx-houdini-list] Setting python expression with HOM

Christopher Crouzet christopher.crouzet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 11:46:32 EST 2016

The most intuitive way would be to use Python's triple quote syntax to
create multi-line strings:

expr = """
if ch('../switch') == 0:
     do something amazing
elif ch('../switch') == 1:
     do another more amazing thing
"""
i.parm('polysoup').setExpression(expr, hou.exprLanguage.Python)

On 12 December 2016 at 23:42, Andy Nicholas <andy at andynicholas.com> wrote:

> Hi Sandy,
> You can right click on the parameter and do "Edit Expression" to open up a
> multi-line editor.
> Cheers,
>

> On 12/12/2016 16:39, Sandy Sutherland wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Anyone how how to apply an expression using something like this -
>>
>> i.parm('polysoup').setExpression(expr, hou.exprLanguage.Python)
>>
>> Basically I need to have a python expression something like this -
>>
>> if ch("../switch") == 0:
>> do something amazing
>> elif ch("../switch") == 1:
>> do another more amazing thing
>>
>> But I am not sure how to do this from a line of code setting up expr =
>> '.....my python expression..', adding in the necessary indents etc...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sandy

Christopher Crouzet
*http://christophercrouzet.com* <http://christophercrouzet.com>